I’m moving. How do I change my address for my Home Internet service?
Log into your Fizz account and click on My plans.
Select your internet plan and click on Manage my plan.
Click on Moving my service.
Follow the instructions. You’ll have to:
validate the availability of the Fizz Home Internet service at your new address;
confirm your new plan;
schedule your installation appointment at your new address;
confirm your deactivation date at your current address.
Don’t forget to bring your Fizz Wi-Fi modem with you at your new service address.
I’m trying to choose my new plan for my new address, and I am told that Fizz Home Internet is not available. What do I do?
Fizz Home Internet is not yet available everywhere. It’s currently available to many residential addresses in Quebec and Ontario. In time, the service will become available to a growing number of postal codes.
The internet connection of a provider other than Fizz is still active at my new address. What do I do?
If the person currently living in your new address is subscribed to a Fizz competitor, it is their responsibility to move their plan or unsubscribe. You can proceed with moving your Fizz plan to this address without worrying about whether they have initiated a move with their provider.
A Fizz internet connection is still active at my new address. What do I do?
If the person currently living at your new address is a Fizz member, it’ll be impossible to process your request for a Home Internet plan at this address until that person has moved or deactivated their Fizz Home Internet plan. We realize how frustrating this technical limitation is, and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.
I’m trying to select my plan for my new address, and I can’t select the speed I want. Why?
Not all internet connections are created equal. You may end up moving from an area with high bandwidth to one with lower bandwidth. Download speeds vary because some regions lack robust broadband infrastructure.
If the speed you want is not available at your new address, simply choose another one that is. It’s not all bad news — lower speed means a lower monthly fee.
The date for my installation appointment at my new address is different from the date at which I’m deactivating my service at my current address. What do I do?
No worries, we’ve got this.
Let’s say you scheduled your installation appointment at your new address for May 20, and selected May 15 to deactivate your plan at your current address.
If your new plan is the same as the one you’re deactivating:
- On May 15, your Home Internet plan will be put on pause. You won't incur any fees for the days during which your plan is on pause.
- On May 20, once your installation is complete, your plan will be reactivated.
Since your plan will have been paused:
- The dates of your payment cycle will shift. In our example, the cycle will shift by five (5) days.
If your new plan is different from the one you’re deactivating:
- On the day that you submit your move order, the first monthly payment of your new Home Internet plan will be billed to you, and that new plan will be immediately put on pause until your installation appointment. You won't incur any fees for those days during which your plan is on pause.
- On May 15, your old Home Internet service will be deactivated, and you will be refunded the prorated amount of this plan’s monthly price based on the number of days that was left in your payment cycle.
- On May 20, once your installation appointment is complete, your new plan will be activated, and your new payment cycle (which you already paid for when you placed your move order) will begin.
I’m bringing my Fizz Wi-Fi modem with me at my new address. Do I still need to plan an installation appointment?
Yes. You must plan an installation appointment so a technician can make sure the cable connection works properly.
I initially paid for the VIP installation of my home Internet service. Do I have to pay for that again at my new address?
The installation of the Wi-Fi modem is very simple, and the instructions that come with the Self-installation option are clearly detailed. But if you prefer opting for the VIP installation, you can do so. The applicable incremental fees will be automatically added to your first monthly payment.
I must modify my installation appointment. Is that possible?
Beware — if you just finished scheduling your appointment, please allow a 3-hour delay for the Reschedule/Cancel buttons to appear in your account.
You can reschedule your appointment up to three (3) times. If you try to reschedule a fourth time, your subscription will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to restart the process all over.
I missed my installation appointment. What are my options?
You’ll receive a communication from Fizz to reschedule. You can also do so directly by logging into your account.
I’m not moving anymore. How do I cancel the move of my Fizz Home Internet service?
- Log into your account and click on My plans.
- Select your internet plan and click on Manage my plan.
- Click on Appointments.
- Here you will be able to see a complete list of all your past and future appointments.
- To cancel an appointment, click on Cancel.
- On the next screen, confirm that you wish to cancel this appointment by clicking Cancel again.
The Cancel button won't be visible in your account after 9h pm the day before the appointment, because the tool cannot change the technician's schedule for the day. In this case, you have to contact us to modify your appointment.
If you cancel your installation appointment at your new address before the deactivation date at your current address, you'll continue with your current Home Internet plan at your current service address.
If you cancel your installation appointment at your new address after the deactivation date at your current address, you'll have to resubscribe to enjoy the Fizz Home Internet service.
Will the price of my Home Internet plan change?
Everyone pays a fair price every day. If you initially subscribed before March 13, 2019, so iduring the beta period, you’ll keep the same price if you choose the same plan with the same speed, even if the price displayed is different.
Can I transfer my Home Internet plan to another Fizz member?
Unfortunately, no. The transfer of a plan (whether mobile or Home Internet) from one account to another, even if two people are living at the same address (like two roommates for example), is not possible. Person A must unsubscribe, and person B subscribes with a new plan in their own account.