How do I unsubscribe from Fizz Mobile?
You can cancel your Fizz plan at any time. Cancellation will take effect at the end of your current payment cycle.
Unless you transferred it to another mobile provider, you can reuse your Fizz phone number up to 60 days after unsubscribing, whether to reactivate your plan or to use it for another plan in your account.
We’d be sad to lose you. But if you really want to leave, here’s how to unsubscribe from Fizz. (Please tell us if there’s anything we can do to encourage you to stay.)
When you cancel your plan, you are required to pay in full for the current month (with the exception of the 15-day trial period).
Any money in your Wallet will be refunded at the end of your current payment cycle.
After you cancel your plan, you will still have access to your Fizz account. All information about your plan — including your transaction history and payments — will be kept for three years.
A promotional rebate is sometimes offered for a limited time on the suggested retail price of some phones offered on fizz.ca. To see how these discounts work and the conditions that apply if you leave Fizz, click here.
Cancelling WITHOUT keeping your number
Log into your Fizz account to do it yourself:
- Go to My plans in your Fizz account.
- Select the plan you wish to close.
- Click on Manage.
- Select Unsubscribe to begin the process.
- Select the credit card to which you will transfer any remaining funds in your Wallet.
Cancelling and KEEPING your number
To keep your phone number at a new provider, first and foremost, DO NOT cancel your current Fizz service — only active phone numbers can be transferred to a new provider.
The process is simple: tell your new provider that you intend to keep your number. Your new provider will contact Fizz to disable your Fizz plan. The cancellation will only come into effect after your new provider has retrieved your phone number.
Your new provider will ask you to identify your Fizz plan to confirm your number transfer. Before you call your new provider, have the following information handy:
- Your Fizz account number: To find your account number, go to My Plan, then go in Manage. Beneath your telephone number you’ll see your 8 digits account ID starting by 2 or 3...
- OR The IMEI number for the last phone you used with your Fizz plan: This is your phone’s identity card; it also allows us to identify your plan. Your IMEI number can be found by dialing *#06# in your phone’s keypad.
If you are transferring your number over to another mobile provider:
- Once you completed your subscription with this new provider and requested the transfer of your Fizz number, you’ll receive via text messaging a transfer authorization request. This text MUST be answered within the prescribed time frame (90 minutes) to confirm your wish to transfer this number.
- If this text message remains unanswered, or if you answer after the prescribed time, your request to transfer your number will be cancelled. You will need to contact the other provider directly to initiate a new request.
- If you don’t receive the transfer authorization request by text messaging, contact the other provider directly to initiate a new request. If you still don’t receive anything with that second attempt, then contact our Customer Service team: log into your Fizz account, and click on the chat bubble located in the bottom right corner of the page during our business hours.
Cancelling before the end of your payment cycle
If you choose to cancel your Fizz mobile service before the end of your payment cycle, know that you will not receive any prorated refund. Fizz is a prepaid mobile service, and the choice to cancel before the end of your cycle is yours.
Cancelling during the trial period
Issuing you a refund is an essential component our trial period. The trial period is 15 days. (This excludes customers who have an approved Proof of disability form; the trial period is 30 days).
Trial period refunds apply only to your monthly fees. Additional expenses such as Add-Ons, Travel Add-Ons and usage purchased with your Wallet will not be refunded.
To receive this refund you must not have exceeded:
- The trial period: 15 days for everyone, with the exception of customers living with a disability (who have completed the disability form)
- 50% of the data included in your monthly plan (unless you have an approved Proof of disability form)
To close your plan during the trial period, use the same process detailed above (with or without keeping your phone number). If you meet the above criteria, your cancellation request will be activated immediately — you won’t have to wait until the end of your payment cycle and your refund will occur automatically.
Perks, upgrades and referral bonuses
Is this goodbye? We’re sorry to see you go. Please know that if this plan is the only one you have with Fizz, unsubscribing means you will lose your My Rewards points as well as referral bonuses you may have earned during your time with us.
Use the rewards and benefits accumulated in your Fizz account before cancelling your plan. Make the most of them by gifting your data and activating your Perks before you go.
If you leave Fizz, you will also lose the referral bonuses that are waiting in your account.
Invite a friend
After you close your plan you can give your SIM card to a friend. They can use it to activate their own Fizz plan (with their own settings, etc.). This will save them from having to buy their own SIM card.
The activation code for your SIM card is entered by default in the reactivation process for your Fizz plan. With this number, your SIM card can be associated with any Fizz plan.
Following the death of a Fizz member, a close friend or family member can disconnect their services. The request must be made with a customer service representative. When you are with the agent, please sent along with an official document that proves the member is deceased, the contact info of the person making the request, and his relation with the concerned Fizz member.
The package will be closed at the end of the payment cycle, unless a specific request on that matter is made.