Activation: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz?
When you transfer your current phone number to Fizz, your line must still be active with your current/previous provider. We will disconnect your old provider during the activation process.
To keep your number and transfer it to Fizz, you will need the account number for your current/previous mobile provider (you can find it on your bill).
During the activation process, here’s how to keep your current phone number:
- Click Transfer a number to Fizz.
- Enter your phone number in the field that opens up below.
- Use the drop-down to choose your previous provider.
- Enter your previous provider’s account number or your phone’s IMEI# in the field below.
- Find your account number on your bill.
- Dial *#06# on your phone to get your 15-digit IMEI number.
- Only the IMEI phone number used at your current provider will allow the transfer.
- If the number is more than 15 digits long, enter only the first 15 digits.
- Click Next, review your first monthly plan payment and click Submit.
Important to know
- Only mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region can be transferred.
- Only numbers from the Fizz subscription area can be transferred to Fizz. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred.
- It is not possible to transfer an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution.
- It is currently impossible for us to transfer phone numbers that are associated with landlines and VOIP.
- Your current provider could prevent your number from being transferred. It’ll be impossible to transfer a number that has anti-port protection — a security feature that prevents numbers from being transferred. Your current provider could also block the transfer of your number if you don’t pay your last bill with them.
Read more :