What are the warranty details for a phone bought with Fizz?
Since Fizz does not manufacture its own mobile devices, the only warranty offered on new phones is the 12-month manufacturer warranty. Preloved phones are covered by Fizz for a period of 6 months.
My warranty info
To see the dates of your warranty period for your phone:
- In your Fizz account, go to My phones.
- At the phone in question, click on Manage/My phone warranty
For an Apple product, refer to the Apple site for the details pertaining to their warranty.
If you made a warranty claim and received a replacement phone, the warranty period for your old phone continues on this replacement phone.
An issue? Start here.
If your phone or a feature is not working properly, start by checking its online user guide.
A solution is also perhaps already out there:
- The Solution Hub is a good place to look. We may already have a solution for your issue.
- Other Fizz members may have experienced the same issue with their phone. A quick visit to the Community Hub is a good idea.
There are several conditions and important information you must know and accept before returning your phone, including the presence of an administrative fee if your return request is denied. See all the conditions
The following additional conditions are specific to any warranty claim:
- You must send back your phone with its charger.
- Only damage related to an issue with the phone is eligible. Any warranty claim for damage resulting from misuse will be denied.
Making a warranty claim
Any warranty claim for an Apple product that was bought new must be dealt directly with Apple. Check the details of my Apple warranty
The process in a nutshell:
- A warranty claim must be submitted online via your Fizz account under My phones / Manage my phone / Return my phone.
- You’ll be guided step-by-step through important information and conditions which you’ll need to certify and confirm (by checking a box) before returning your phone to Fizz. Read the conditions and important information
- Make sure to follow the instructions to prepare and package your phone before you deposit it at a Canada Post deposit location.
- Your phone will be inspected to evaluate the issue you identified and for which you submitted your warranty claim.
- Based on the result of the inspection of your phone at Fizz, we’ll send you back a replacement phone, or your phone once the administrative fee has been invoiced to you.
Because manipulations will be required, complete your warranty claim from a device other than the one you are returning.
- In your Fizz account, go to My phones.
- At the phone in question, click on Manage / My phone warranty / Return policy | Warranty
- Follow the on-screen steps.
From the moment you drop your package at a Canada Post deposit location, expect 6 to 10 business days for the whole process. This includes:
- The reception of your package at Fizz;
- the inspection of your phone;
- the answer from Fizz (information sent by email);
- the shipping of a phone (yours or another one depending on the result of the inspection).
Fizz has no control over Canada Post delays, and cannot guarantee that the delays that are indicated will be respected.
You can track your package and the status of your return directly in your Return history.
An approved request vs a denied one
If your warranty claim is approved, a replacement phone will be sent to you.
If providing you with the same model is impossible, an equivalent model will be sent to you. Keep an eye on your emails, we’ll send you an email with a choice of models to choose from.
If your warranty claim is denied, whether because the issue with your phone not covered by the warranty, or your phone did not meet all of the conditions and/or the required steps to prepare your phone for its return were not completed correctly, an administrative fee (an amount of $75, plus applicable taxes) will be invoiced to you, and your phone will then be sent back to you.
What is the administrative fee
You could consider having your phone repaired :
- Every manufacturer has a list of authorized repair locations. Check their website to locate the one nearest you.
- A quick search on the Internet will also help you find other repair shops.
Covered by the warranty
If your phone is an Apple product, any warranty claim must be dealt directly with Apple. Please refer to the Apple site for the details pertaining to their warranty.
The warranty covers electrical and mechanical issues such as:
- Phone reboots in loop: as soon as a reboot is done, your phone starts another one without you doing anything.
- Frozen device: your phone does not respond to any command or action you try.
- Battery issue: your battery does not hold its charge.
- Physical damage from normal wear and tear: malfunctioning button, speaker, microphone, ...
- Inability to read a SIM card: even after making sure the card was inserted properly into the card holder, your phone cannot read it and you cannot proceed with your activation.
- Phone won't start or turn on. It shows a black or blank screen or turns on but immediately turns off.
- Overheating device:Your phone under normal use should not be hot, but don’t interpret warm as hot. A slightly warmer feel after playing a game for 15 minutes is normal. But if your phone displays an overheating alert, or you find the device is surprisingly hot to the touch, then you should investigate.
- Screen issue: your screen is unresponsive or simply ain’t working, or is less sensitive.
- Any return requested by the manufacturer.
Excluded from the warranty
If your phone is an Apple product that was bought new, any warranty claim must be dealt directly with Apple. Please refer to the Apple site for the details pertaining to their warranty.
The warranty covers electrical and mechanical issues. Operating software issues are excluded from the warranty, as are the following elements:
- Any accessory included with a Preloved phone.
- Defects or physical damage to any components (such as, but not limited to, connectors, buttons, screen, etc.) caused by neglect, improper use, abnormal operating conditions, abuse or inadequate storage;
- Damages caused by a contact with liquid or humidity;
- Normal depletion of consumable parts such as batteries unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Hardware damage to the screen such as, but not limited to, cracks, breaks, discolouration, etc.;
- Damage to internal components due to excessive force applied to the battery or through an accessory such as a charger, headphones or other external peripherals;
- Unauthorized physical modification, software modification, modification to the phone’s serial number or label inside;
- Unauthorized repairs;
- Improper installation;
- Accidents, acts of God;
- Transmission or reception issues attributable to the network or the position of the phone during use, and not the mechanical operation of the phone itself.
Read more :
Buying a phone at Fizz
I’m waiting for the delivery of my Fizz package.
How do I get started with my new phone?
What is the 15-day return policy for a phone bought with Fizz?
What do I need to know before returning my phone?
How do I prepare my phone for a return?
Instructions to pack and send my phone to Fizz.
What do I do if my return request or warranty claim is denied?