What are the Fizz network settings (APN)?
An Access Point Name (APN) has the network settings your phone needs to connect to Fizz.
The APN must be properly configured so your phone can be “introduced” to the Fizz network.
Once your APN is configured, you’ll have access to your mobile data and multimedia messaging (MMS).
Even with a poorly configured APN, you’ll be able to make and receive calls and texts. You will also have internet access when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Installing network settings (Android)
By inserting your SIM card in your phone, you’ll receive two notifications to configure the network settings.
Install these two configurations.
If a PIN code is required, enter 1234.
Wait three minutes and completely restart (power cycle) your phone.
Manually installing network settings (Android)
Steps to follow for configuring the APN can vary from one phone to another. Here's an example:
Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Access Point Names → APN
Fizz APN settings are:
- APN: mobile.bm
- MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
- MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
- MMS port: 80
- APN type: default,mms,supl
If your phone offers you a predetermined APN type, choose “Internet + MMS”
Other fields should be filled by default; if empty, they are not mandatory.
Installing network settings (iPhone)
1. Install the latest software update.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Download the latest iOS software update
2. Update the carrier settings.
- Once the software update is done, your iPhone will offer a carrier settings update. Make sure you accept it.