Why buy a phone at Fizz ?
Which mobile plan am I allowed?
The beauty of buying a phone with Fizz is that there are no restrictions on your Fizz mobile plan. Your phone purchase is kept separate from the price of your mobile plan:
- You create the mobile plan you want, whether it’s big or small, to go with the phone you choose.
- You can change your plan as many times as you like*. You are not stuck, and only pay for what you need each month.
If you have lots of unused data on a given month for instance, that data will roll over to the following month. So you may choose to reduce the amount of data included in your plan (and therefore pay less for that month) to benefit from that rolled over data.
New and Preloved phones
Fizz offers a wide selection of phones to choose from, whether brand-new or Preloved.
- A new phone is, well, brand-new, and comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of 12 months. Look up warranty details.
- A Preloved phone is not brand-new, but it’s a great alternative if you’re looking for a great phone but don’t want to pay full price. Preloved phones come with a warranty of 6 months. Look up warranty details.
There are two (2) categories of Preloved phones:
Perfect Almost perfect
A Perfect phone was slightly used.
You might see some negligible traces of wear if you look closely.
An Almost perfect phone was previously used, but is in very good condition.
You may see a few marks and in some cases, minor scratches or traces of light wear.
Phones are available for purchase on fizz.ca, with free delivery within three (3) business days. This is meant as a guideline; shipping is done by a third party, and Fizz cannot guarantee a specific delivery date.
Do I need a Fizz SIM card?
Yes, your Fizz experience starts with a SIM card. Once activated in your phone, it’s what identifies you and keeps your phone connected to the Fizz mobile network so you can use the mobile plan of your dreams.
You can add one to your phone order or use one you already have.
If you’re using a Fizz SIM card you already have but it’s too small for your new phone, use the support it came in to adjust its size to a larger one. If you don’t have that plastic support anymore, you’ll have to order a new SIM card.
Billing and shipping address
The billing address proposed by the system when you place your order must be an exact match to the one on your credit card statement. If they don’t match perfectly, add another address, and copy/paste your credit card address.
The billing address used when you place your order will be automatically used as the shipping address. The package will be addressed to the credit card holder. This person will have to show a valid photo ID with their name and address, and sign upon delivery.
How do I pay for my phone?
Whether you pay for your phone upfront or in instalments with PayBright, your experience with us remains the same and you are entitled to the same incredible flexibility that makes Fizz so unique: you can change your mobile plan whenever you want, whether it’s up or down.
Payment option 1: Pay upfront
Choosing to pay for your phone upfront means you pay for its entirety right away. You’ll be asked to enter your payment method.
Payment option 2: Pay later with Paybright
If paying upfront is not your thing, paying later is available with Paybright, a company that offers plans to break down the cost of a purchase into several payments. The payment solution offered by Paybright on fizz.ca varies based on the value of the phone you’re considering: Pay in 4 for small purchases, and monthly instalments for large purchases.
You’d still have no fixed-term contract with Fizz, and no restrictions on the Fizz mobile plan you want to associate with your phone. You’ll even be able to change your plan every month if you want.
When you choose to pay with Paybright, you will be redirected to the Paybright website to check your eligibility. Paybright must approve your request since the payments to pay for your phone will be done to Paybright, not Fizz. Approval usually takes only a few minutes. See the Paybright conditions.
Once your request is approved by Paybright, you’ll complete your application and set up your Paybright account.
- Depending on the plan for which you are eligible, your payments to Paybright will be set up as pre-authorized debits from your chequing account or as automatic payments from your Visa or Mastercard credit card.
- For the monthly instalments, the exact Annual Percent Rate (up to 19.95%) and total cost of borrowing that applies to your phone purchase done via Paybright will be calculated and shown to you before you finalize your transaction. There aren’t any other Paybright service fees, prepayment fees, or hidden fees.
- The monthly payments to Paybright will start 30 days following the date the phone was delivered on, and will continue to be debited automatically on the same day of each month for the rest of the term.
- For Pay in 4, the first payment is taken the day the phone is delivered on, followed by one payment every two weeks after that.
Remember, your payments to Paybright are only for your phone. That purchase is kept separate from the price of your Fizz mobile plan. This means you can change your plan anytime you need to. Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy
If you cancel your Fizz phone order, the cancellation of your loan agreement and the refund if applicable of any payment made will be issued by Paybright.
Important to note – A promotional rebate is sometimes offered for a limited time on the suggested retail price of some phones offered on fizz.ca. To see how these discounts work and the conditions that apply if you leave Fizz, click here.
Lots of My Rewards points for you
Buying a phone with Fizz is an action that will give you a nice loot of My Rewards points.
With all those new points, your progression in the program’s levels will get a nice boost.
And the higher the level you’re at, the more rewards you get to choose from to add value to your monthly plan.
Expect on average a 30-day delay following the receipt of your phone to see these fresh new points in your Fizz account.
*Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy
Read more :
Buying a phone at Fizz
I’m waiting for the delivery of my Fizz package.
How do I get started with my new phone?
What is the 15-day return policy for a phone bought with Fizz?
What are the warranty details for a phone bought with Fizz?