How does financing with Affirm work?
PayBright is now Affirm. If you have a payment plan with PayBright for a phone you bought with Fizz, no worries. While their name is changing, your agreement stays the same, with the same conditions.
The payment solution offered by Affirm on fizz.ca varies based on the value of the purchase you’re considering:
- Pay in 4 for small purchases: The amount of your purchase is equally split over 4 payments.
- Monthly instalments for large purchases: The amount of your purchase is spread over a period that varies between 12 and 36 months depending on the phone model and your eligibility.
How Pay in 4 works.
You’ll have four (4) automatic pre-authorized payments charged to your Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card: a first payment when you receive your purchase, and one payment every two weeks after that.
Good to know: this payment solution won’t impact your credit score.
How monthly instalments with Affirm work.
Over how many months can I finance the purchase of my phone?
The number of months over which you can finance your purchase varies between 12 and 36. The number varies based on the value of your purchase and your eligibility. You’ll be presented with three choices and have the opportunity to select the term that suits you best. You’ll have all the details when you fill out your request with Affirm.
How do I make my monthly payments?
Your monthly pre-authorized payments are configured with Affirm via your Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card, or your checking account.
Who can apply to pay with Affirm, and how?
Affirm payment plans are available to Canadian residents who have reached the legal age of majority in the province in which they reside. Other requirements include:
- Depending on the plan, a Canadian bank account, or a Visa/Mastercard credit/debit card. Debit cards must have the Visa or Mastercard logo. Prepaid cards are not accepted.
- An SMS-capable Canadian phone number.
- To meet the minimum purchase amount required to use Affirm as a payment option.
After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then be asked a few details. If you’re approved, you will set up your repayment method with Affirm and accept the terms of your payment plan.
Good to know: only the total amount of your order can be paid using Affirm. You cannot split your purchase and pay a part upfront and a part with Affirm.
If I choose to pay my phone with Affirm, will I have the choice between monthly instalments and Pay in 4?
No. The Affirm payment solution is set in advance based on the value of each phone. Pay in 4 for small purchases, and monthly instalments for large purchases.
How does Affirm evaluate my eligibility for a payment plan?
The information concerning Affirm credit checks are detailed in this FAQ article on the Affirm help center.
The Affirm terms and conditions.
Paying for a phone purchased on fizz.ca, whether in 4 payments or using monthly instalments, is provided by Affirm. That transaction is subject to approval by Affirm under certain conditions, as summarized here below.
The Affirm conditions in a nutshell*:
*Visit the Affirm website for detailed information on all their terms and conditions. See Affirm’s terms and conditions.
- To qualify for financing by Affirm, the minimum purchase value must be $50 with taxes.
- Payments to Affirm: for monthly instalments, payments start 30 days following the date the phone was delivered on. For Pay in 4, the first payment is taken the date the phone is delivered on
- The monthly payment amount shown to you before you finalize your transaction excludes taxes.
- The interest rates offered by Affirm may vary in time and per phone model.
- The financing plan over a 36-month period is only available for purchases of $1 400 and up.
- The financing offers from Affirm may vary from time to time and is subject to change/cancellation without notice.
Please note that Affirm is an independent payment company and Fizz has no influence over whether your request for a payment plan with Affirm is accepted or not.
If you have questions about your request, please visit the Affirm FAQ for more information or contact Affirm directly.
Once my phone has been bought.
What happens if I cancel my order within the allowed delay?
Your order will be cancelled, as will your agreement with Affirm. No payment will be taken. If you are owed a refund, expect 5 to 10 business days before seeing it on your bank account or credit card statement.
Can I prepay my outstanding Affirm balance?
Yes, all Affirm payment plans can be prepaid at any time without penalty. Contact Affirm for details.
How do I access my Affirm account?
Once you’ve completed a transaction with Affirm, you can access your account here. If you have any questions or trouble logging in, please contact Affirm.
What if I can’t make a payment?
Please reach out to Affirm directly and they will be happy to look into the options available.
I paid with Affirm, and I want to return my phone.
How do returns work if I paid with Affirm?
Purchases made using Affirm are subject to the Fizz 15-day return policy . Any return will be processed by Fizz, and your Affirm loan balance will be cancelled accordingly. If you have already made payments, those will be refunded to you by Affirm.
My request hasn’t been confirmed.
I was not able to get financing with Affirm. What happened?
Unfortunately, Affirm cannot provide payment plans to every applicant. This could be due to the information on your credit file, or because Affirm was not able to verify your identity or your payment method. For further information, please contact Affirm directly.
My request did not make its way to Affirm. What do I do?
A technical issue may have prevented your request from making its way to Affirm. Only Affirm can give you more details. Head this way to contact them.
Affirm says my request implies a security risk. How can I know more?
You must contact Affirm to get the details. Contact their team using this form.