What do I do if my phone or SIM card is stolen?
Notify Fizz immediately about the loss/theft so we can suspend your plan
To ensure that no one can fraudulently use your plan, log into your account immediately and fill in the following form: Report a lost or stolen phone/SIM.
- If you have more than one Fizz phone number, indicate which number is associated with the missing phone/SIM.
- If you know your phone’s IMEI, please include it in the Report a lost or stolen phone/SIM form. If not, indicate your phone’s brand and model.
You can find your phone’s IMEI on the original packaging for your phone and in the documents included with your phone when you bought it.
Your plan will be suspended the minute you submit the Report a lost or stolen phone/SIM form.
Once your plan has been suspended:
- You can use another phone to continue checking your voicemail.
How to check your voicemail using another phone
- A suspended plan is temporary. To reactivate a suspended plan, log into your Fizz account to order a new SIM card (My plans > Manage > Change SIM card). When you receive your SIM card, log in again to activate your SIM.
- Similarly, you can reactivate your plan if you find your missing phone/SIM card.
What to do if you found your phone/SIM and want to reactivate your plan
You are responsible for all charges associated with using your phone until you report its loss or theft to Fizz.
National Stolen Device Blacklist
Add your phone to the National Stolen Device Blacklist
Fizz contributes to maintaining the National Stolen Device Blacklist in an effort to reduce the number of mobile device thefts. Anyone who attempts to use a device on the blacklist will be blocked from accessing networks belonging to participating Canadian wireless service providers.
After you submit your Report a lost or stolen phone/SIM form, the IMEI number you provided will be cross-referenced against the IMEI number identified in your Fizz plan.
If this information does not match, will not be able to block your phone. If it does match, we will add your lost or stolen phone to the National Stolen Device Blacklist.
Fizz is only able to add phones to the National Stolen Device Blacklist if they have been used by your plan on our network. If there is an inconsistency between our information and the details you have provided us, we will contact you to verify this information.
Inform your insurer
Declare the loss or theft of your phone to your insurer
If your phone is insured, you can declare the theft to your local police station and send the report to your insurer. Check your insurance policy to make sure you follow the correct procedure.
Reactivate your plan
Replace your phone and reactivate your suspended plan
To reactivate your Fizz plan:
- Order a new SIM card. Log into your account to order a new SIM card (My plans > Manage > Change SIM card). A new SIM card will be delivered in the following days, depending on the chosen delivery method.
- Acquire a new phone.
- Reactivate your Fizz plan on your new SIM card. When you have your new phone and SIM card, it’s time to reactivate your suspended plan on your new SIM card. This process will cancel your old SIM card. Log into your account to change your SIM card (My plans > Manage > Change SIM card).
If you found your Phone/SIM card, you can also reactivate your old SIM card / black list phone.