How can I use my own Wi-Fi router with Fizz?
Disable the Wi-Fi feature of the Fizz Wi-Fi modem
In bridge mode, the two (2) Wi-Fi radios built into your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be deactivated, thus disabling its Wi-Fi capabilities.
- Open an Internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Identify yourself using the following login information:
- Username: cusadmin
- Password: **enter your Wi-Fi password**
- Select General
- Select Gateway
- Disable the option ''Residential Gateway function''
- Click Ok
Install your personal Wi-Fi router
Connect your personal router as indicated in its user guide.
Plug the network cable (RJ45) into one of the four (4) numbered ports of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.
If there's any issue with the connection, restart both devices (the Fizz Wi-Fi modem and your personal router).
If you want to re-enable the Wi-Fi capability of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem, you'll need to reset it to its factory settings by holding down the reset button on the back of the device for ten (10) seconds.
If needed, restart both your modem and personal router
This quick video will guide you through each step. But in a nutshell:
- Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
- Make sure all the lights on the modem turn off.
- Wait ten (10) seconds.
- Plug your modem back into the electrical outlet. Expect a three (3) minute delay to allow your devices to reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
Note: If you are also using a personal router, you'll need to restart it as well.
Recommendation: It is more effective to restart your Wi-Fi modem by unplugging its power cable instead of pressing its power button.