Why is VoLTE important?
You’re already using our LTE network when you use data with your mobile plan. The 3G network used for calls on the other hand is set to disappear in the near future. With VoLTE technology, your calls will now use our LTE network. And for that, you need two things: a VoLTE compatible SIM card and a phone that is certified VoLTE with Fizz.
Are you planning a trip to the United States?
Be aware that in the United States, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, the ability to make calls will depend on your Fizz SIM card and your phone.
What is VoLTE
For starters, know that LTE stands for Long Term Evolution. It’s basically an evolution of the norms for mobile services.
VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE network, which basically means a phone call will use the LTE network. The opportunity to use the LTE network for your calls means:
- Improved sound quality for your calls.
- Faster routing of your calls, meaning the delay for the phone to ring at the other end will be shorter.
The VoLTE compatible SIM card
Your SIM card connects your phone to the Fizz LTE network. A VoLTE compatible SIM card is therefore required. This SIM card shows a red lightning bolt icon.
For the mobile members who currently do NOT have a SIM card with a red lightning bolt, Fizz will make sure that each of them gets a FREE VoLTE compatible SIM card.
- If you are one of these members, you'll receive an email invitation to order your free VoLTE compatible SIM card. Important: Invitations will be sent out in batches over several months, so no worries if you don’t get yours right away.
- Once ordered, allow approximately two weeks to receive your new SIM card by mail, along with the instructions to associate it with your Fizz mobile plan.
- Good to know: To see the confirmation of your SIM card order, go under My parameters > Transaction history > All transactions.
Changing your SIM card for a VoLTE compatible one will not impact your plan or phone number.
Need a SIM card?
A phone that is certified VoLTE with Fizz
A phone activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card uses the VoLTE when it continues to display “LTE” in the right corner of the screen during a call.
Not your case?
1 > Check whether your phone is VoLTE certified on the Fizz network.
If your phone is not VoLTE certified, don't panic! For now, you can continue to use your mobile plan. Keep in mind, however, that you will eventually have to change your phone. The day the 3G network disappears, you won't be able to use it if it's not VoLTE certified with Fizz.
Keep an eye on fizz.ca for great deals on phones, like our Preloved phones starting from $49.
2 > Install the manufacturer software update
Each manufacturer manages its software deployment to ensure its models are VoLTE-enabled.
In general, you must go under:
- Settings > Software update (or System) > System update
- Settings > General > Software update
Important message to Apple members: our network is VoLTE certified, but you may see a message to the contrary in your interface. This message will disappear with the 16.4 software update.
3 > Activate the VoLTE function
In general, you must go under:
- Calls > (Three little dots) > Call settings
- General > Cellular > Cellular data options > Voice & data > VoLTE
You may need to restart it.
Good to know: Some manufacturers have removed the option to choose the call operating mode, defaulting instead to VoLTE when available. In other words, you won’t see the VoLTE option in your settings.
You’re already enjoying our LTE network when it comes to your mobile data. That network is faster and larger than the 3G network. A VoLTE certified phone updated with the latest software and activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card will allow your calls to use the LTE network as well instead of the 3G network which is bound to disappear in the near future.
If you are traveling in the United States, United States, including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, only the LTE network may be available.
VoLTE and call forwarding
Call forwarding will work when you use a VoLTE certified phone, activated with a VoLTE compatible SIM card.
If your phone is not VoLTE certified with Fizz, manually setting up call forwarding will not work. Call forwarding for the voicemail option remains functional.