How do I use a PUK code to unblock my SIM card?
To unblock your SIM card right away, log into your Fizz account to reveal your PUK code (My Plans > Manage > Unblock SIM card). Type the code that is revealed into your phone.
If you entered 3 incorrect PIN codes and your phone displays “SIM card blocked” or “Enter PUK code”, your SIM card has been blocked to ensure your security.
To unblock your SIM card, you must enter a PUK (PIN Unlock Key) code.
Where to find your PUK code:
- Log into your Fizz account and go to My Plans.
- Click on Manage and then Unblock SIM card.
- Click the slider to reveal your PUK code.
- Type this code into your phone to unblock your SIM.
To simplify this process in the future, write down your PUK code and keep it somewhere safe.
After you unblock your SIM card:
After unlocking your SIM card with a PUK code, go to your phone settings to personalize your PIN code. Choose an easy-to-remember PIN — it will prevent you from accidentally blocking your SIM card again. How do I personalize my PIN?
If you enter the incorrect PUK code 10 times, your SIM card will be permanently blocked. You will need to order a new SIM card. Order a new SIM card
If you received your PUK code by email:
The email you received contains several codes: PUK1, PIN2 and PUK2.
- PUK1: The code to unlock your PIN if it is blocked.
- PIN2 and PUK2: Codes used only by a few phones to protect access to some SIM card features
- PIN2: The code set by default in your SIM card; if you have changed this default code, use the PUK2 code to reset it
- PUK2: The code to unlock your PIN2 if it is blocked