How can I recover my Wi-Fi password?
With the Fizz Wi-Fi app and another device
If you used the Fizz Wi-Fi app with another device, you’ll be able to share your password from that device.
- Take this other device, and open the Fizz Wi-Fi app.
- On top of the screen, click on Show Wi-Fi password.
- You’ll see the name of your network, and you’ll be able to share its password several ways.
With a computer
If you have a computer connected to your Wi-Fi network, open it and follow these instructions (Win10):
- Make sure you're connected to your Wi-Fi Network.
- Open the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select Network and Internet Settings.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Internet connexion named as your Wi-Fi network.
- Select Wireless Properties.
- On the Security tab, click to show the characters.
With a computer and your Internet browser
- Connect a device to your Fizz Wi-Fi modem with a network cable.
- Open an Internet browser, and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Identify yourself using these credentials:
- Username: cusadmin
a) It is possible that your browser kept your Wi-Fi password. If so, keep going.
b) If you had configured an ADMIN password different from your Wi-Fi password, enter it here.
Once you’re in:
- Select Wireless
- Select General settings
- In the lower right-hand corner, you’ll see your password.
As a last resort
If none of the above options work out for you, your last resort option is to restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings.
IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
Using a small, sharp object, press the reset button located behind the modem for 10 seconds.
Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.