How does financing with PayBright work?
The payment solution offered by PayBright on fizz.ca varies based on the value of the phone you’re considering:
- Pay in 4 for small purchases: The amount of your purchase is equally split over 4 payments.
- Monthly instalments for large purchases: The amount of your purchase is spread over a period that varies between 12 and 36 months depending on the phone model and your eligibility.
How Pay in 4 works.
You’ll have four automatic pre-authorized payments charged to your Visa or Mastercard credit card: a first payment when you receive your phone, and one payment every two weeks after that.
Good to know: this payment solution won’t impact your credit score.
How monthly instalments with PayBright work.
Over how many months can I finance the purchase of my phone?
The number of months over which you can finance your purchase varies between 12 and 36. The number varies based on the phone model and your eligibility. You’ll be presented with three choices and have the opportunity to select the term that suits you best. You’ll have all the details when you fill out your request with PayBright.
How do I make my monthly payments?
Your monthly pre-authorized payments are configured with PayBright via your Visa or Mastercard credit card, or your checking account.
Who can apply to pay with PayBright, and how?
PayBright payment plans are available to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority, which is 18 or 19, depending on their province. Other requirements include:
- Depending on the plan, a Visa/Mastercard credit card, or checking account. Prepaid cards are not accepted.
- An SMS-capable Canadian phone number.
- To meet the minimum purchase amount required to use PayBright as a payment option.
After confirming your phone number, you’ll be sent a one-time SMS password to confirm your identity. You’ll then be asked a few details. If you’re approved, you will set up your repayment method with PayBright and accept the terms of your payment plan.
Good to know: only the total amount of your order can be paid using PayBright. You cannot split your purchase and pay a part upfront and a part with PayBright.
If I choose to pay my phone with PayBright, will I have the choice between monthly instalments and Pay in 4?
No. The PayBright payment solution is set in advance based on the value of each phone. Pay in 4 for small purchases, and monthly instalments for large purchases.
What’s the internal credit check about?
PayBright has an internal credit check process which allows them to validate your eligibility for their financing solutions without having to submit a request to Equifax(R).
Does this mean there is no impact on my credit score?
To prequalify with PayBright indeed does not impact your credit score, nor if you will be using the Pay in 4 solution. The monthly instalments, however, are recorded and do impact your credit score just like any other long term financing plan.
The PayBright terms and conditions.
Paying for a phone purchased on fizz.ca, whether in 4 payments or using monthly instalments, is provided by Paybright. That transaction is subject to approval by PayBright under certain conditions, as summarized here below.
The PayBright conditions in a nutshell*:
*Visit the PayBright website for detailed information on all their terms and conditions. See Paybright’s terms and conditions.
- To qualify for financing by PayBright, the minimum mobile phone purchase value must be $50 with taxes.
- Payments to PayBright: for monthly instalments, payments start 30 days following the date the phone was delivered on. For Pay in 4, the first payment is taken the date the phone is delivered on.
- The estimated monthly payment amount shown to you before you finalize your transaction excludes taxes.
- The interest rates offered by PayBright may vary in time and per phone model.
- On the Regular Interest Plan for monthly instalments, applicants not approved for a 9.95% interest plan may be offered payment plans with applicable interest rates no greater than 19.95%, depending on their personal credit profile.
- The financing plan over a 36-month period is only available for mobile phone purchases of $1 400 and up.
- The financing offers from PayBright may vary from time to time and is subject to change/cancellation without notice.
Please note that PayBright is an independent payment company and Fizz has no influence over whether your request for a payment plan with PayBright is accepted or not.
If you have questions about your request, please visit the PayBright FAQ for more information or contact PayBright directly.
Once my phone has been bought.
What happens if I cancel my order within the allowed delay?
Your order will be cancelled, as will your agreement with PayBright. No payment will be taken.
Can I prepay my outstanding PayBright balance?
Yes, all PayBright payment plans can be prepaid at any time without penalty. Contact PayBright for details.
How do I access my Paybright account?
Once you’ve completed a transaction with PayBright, you can access your account here. If you have any questions or trouble logging in, please contact PayBright.
What if I can’t make a payment?
Please reach out to PayBright directly and they will be happy to look into the options available.
I paid with PayBright, and I want to return my phone.
How do returns work if I paid with PayBright?
Purchases made using PayBright are subject to the Fizz 15-day return policy . Any return will be processed by Fizz, and your PayBright loan balance will be cancelled accordingly. If you have already made monthly payments, those will be refunded to you by PayBright.
My request hasn’t been confirmed.
I was not able to get financing with PayBright. What happened?
Unfortunately, PayBright cannot provide payment plans to every applicant. This could be due to the information on your credit file, or because PayBright was not able to verify your identity or your payment method. For further information, please contact PayBright directly.
My request did not make its way to PayBright. What do I do?
A technical issue may have prevented your request from making its way to PayBright. Only PayBright can give you more details. Contact them by filling out this form:
PayBright says my request implies a security risk. How can I know more?
You must contact PayBright to get the details. Contact their team via email at the address [email protected] or use this form: